Saturday, December 17, 2011

Escaping to Mexico

My last vacation involved a two and a half day canoe trip down thirty-three miles of the Buffalo National River in Arkansas. The trip before that was a road trip to all the national parks in California, and my bed was the driver's seat of my car (I drive a Honda Civic). On my next trip, I am going extreme...luxury. Yep, Nick and I have decided to take a vacation unlike any we've had before: we're staying at an adults-only, all-inclusive resort near Cancun, Mexico. Why are we doing this kind of trip instead? Well, I wanted to try something different. And I wanted to go somewhere warm. (All right, all right, I realize winter in central Texas isn't exactly cold, but I miss the hot summer sun!)  After some research, we chose to stay at the Excellence Resort in Riviera Maya (http://www.excellence-resorts.com/). Our friends had a wonderful experience at their Playa Mujeres location, and this resort received consistently good reviews on TripAdvisor. We think we got a pretty good package deal (airfare and five nights) at www.cheapcaribbean.com. So, I'm looking forward to lots of eating, drinking, and relaxing - and we leave tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment